- Few roads remain closed in the four divisions and impassable at this stage. Please take extra caution.
- Kasavu Landslide, located north of the Kasavu/ Baulevu Road Junction on Kings Road is open to light vehicles only and operating as a single lane with potential for full closure if there are further slips.
- The alternative route has now been connected however gravelling and remedial works on the new section is still in progress. The FRA is also looking into ensuring that the roads in the vicinity leading to the detour are well maintained and capable to withstand potential higher volumes and loading of traffic exchange.
- The opening of the alternative route will be subject to the results of the geotech investigation which should be completed by Saturday (31/12/16).
- The Kasavu slip has taken a great portion of the road and it isn’t wide enough to allow larger vehicles including heavy goods vehicles, buses and carriers through at the moment.
~ Light vehicles only i.e. 5T Gross Maximum Weight
~ One vehicle passing at a time
- This is expected to cause traffic journey time delays and is preventing the delivery of other heavy goods and services, including bus passenger services. Please allow extra travel time.
Full Report: td04f-situation-report-no-31-as-at-0800-hours-thursday-29-december-2016
December 29, 2016