TD04F Situation Report No. 25 as at 1600 Hours – Thursday 22 December 2016
- Both Queens Road and Kings Road is open to all traffic.
- Vunidawa Bridge in Naqali is now OPEN
- Kasavu Landslide, located north of the Kasavu/ Baulevu Road Junction on Kings Road is open to light vehicles only and operating as a single lane with potential for full closure if there are further slips.
- The Kasavu slip has taken a great portion of the road and it isn’t wide enough to allow larger vehicles including heavy goods vehicles, buses and carriers through at the moment.
~ Light vehicles only i.e. 3.5T Gross Maximum Weight
~ One vehicle passing at a time
- This is expected to cause traffic journey time delays and is preventing the delivery of other heavy goods and services, including bus passenger services. Please allow extra travel time.
- FRA contractors have started carrying out pothole repairs to get the roads back to a trafficable condition and are working to restore the main arterial routes. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
- Some roads remain closed in the four divisions and impassable at this stage. Please take extra caution.
Full Report: td04f-situation-report-no-25-as-at-1600-hours-thursday-22-december-2016
December 22, 2016