TD04F Situation Report No. 23 as at 0800 Hours – Thursday 22 December 2016
- Both Queens Road and Kings Road is open to all traffic.
- Most roads in Rewa, Korovou, Naqali, and Taunovo in the Central Division are now open.
- Most roads in Rakiraki, Tavua, Nadi in the Western Division are now open
- Most roads in Labasa, Savusavu and Natua in the Northern Division are now open.
- Some roads are still closed in the four divisions and impassable at this stage. We are urging motorists not to drive through water as the depth is hard to gauge.
- Kasavu Landslide, located north of the Kasavu/ Baulevu Road Junction on Kings Road is open to light vehicles only and operating as a single lane with potential for full closure if there are further slips.
- The Kasavu slip has taken a great portion of the road and it isn’t wide enough to allow larger vehicles including heavy goods vehicles, buses and carriers through at the moment.
- FRA contractors have started carrying out pothole repairs to get the roads back to a trafficable condition and are working to restore the main arterial routes. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
Below is a link to a map that shows the status of the road network and situation report locations. This is a live link that is updated throughout the day, so do check back regularly to see if road status has changed.
Full Report: td04f-situation-report-no-23-as-at-0800-hours-thursday-22-december-2016
December 21, 2016