TD04F Situation Report No. 16 as at 1600 Hours – Monday 19 December 2016
This situation report is to advise of the status of FRA’s assets due to the effects of TD04F.
- Kings Road is CLOSED. The affected area is between the new Chinese Bridge and the Flying Prince Service station in Rakiraki.
- Kasavu Landslide, located north of the Kasavu/ Baulevu Road Junction on Kings Road is open to light vehicles only and operating as a single lane with potential for full closure if there are further slips.
- The Kasavu slip site has been under 24 hour observation since yesterday and inspections this morning have identified that FRA needs to restrict movement across the road to protect the public. The slip has taken a great portion of the road and it isn’t wide enough to allow larger vehicles including heavy goods vehicles, buses and carriers through at the moment.
- All of Queens Road is OPEN- single lane in places but open to traffic.
- Some roads in the urban and low-lying areas are still in danger of flooding as rainfall continues in the four divisions.
- Increased in number of potholes on the road network and the contractors will be carrying out remedial work as soon as the weather clears up. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
- Some more roads continue to be fully closed and impassable at this stage and we are urging motorists not to drive through water because the depth is hard to gauge.
- Please remain vigilant, tune into the local radio and listen to the advice of emergency services.
December 19, 2016