TD04F Situation Report No. 15 as at 1200 Hours – Monday 19 December 2016
This situation report is to advise of the status of FRA’s assets due to the effects of TD04F.
• Kings Road is CLOSED. The affected area is between the new Chinese Bridge and the Flying Prince Service station in Rakiraki.
• Kasavu Landslide, located north of the Kasavu/ Baulevu Road Junction on Kings Road is open to light vehicles only and operating as a single lane with potential for full closure if there are further slips.
• The Kasavu slip site has been under 24 hour observation since yesterday and inspections this morning have identified that FRA needs to restrict movement across the road to protect the public. The slip has taken a great portion of the road and it isn’t wide enough to allow larger vehicles including heavy goods vehicles, buses and carriers through at the moment.
• All of Queens OPEN- single lane in places but open to traffic.
• Some more roads in Rakiraki are closed due to flooding.
• Waibula Bridge on the North Coastal Road in Taveuni is now open. Drive with care
• Some more roads continue to be closed in the Central, Northern and Western Division due to surface flooding on some urban and rural roads however the main arterial roads.
• Increased number of potholes on the road network and the contractors will be carrying out remedial work as soon as the weather clears up. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
• Please obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current, as this can be life threatening.