TD04F Situation Report No. 14 as at 0800 Hours – Monday 19 December 2016
This situation report is to advise of the status of FRA’s assets due to the effects of TD04F.
- Kings Road is CLOSED. The affected area is between the new Chinese Bridge and the Flying Prince Service station in Rakiraki.
- Kasavu Landslide, located north of the Kasavu/ Baulevu Road Junction on Kings Road is under 24 hour monitoring. Currently open to traffic and operating as a single lane with potential for full closure if there are further slips.
- All of Queens OPEN- single lane in places but open to traffic.
- Some roads in Rakiraki are still closed
- Some roads in the Northern Division and Eastern Division are closed.
- Waibula Bridge on the North Coastal Road in Taveuni is closed. Waiting for water to recede.
- Access has been restored at Davuilevu Farm Road.
- Some more roads continue to be closed in the Central and Western Division due to surface flooding on some urban and rural roads however the main arterial roads.
- Increased number of potholes on the road network and the contractors will be carrying out remedial work as soon as the weather clears up. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
- Please obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current, as this can be life threatening.
December 18, 2016