This situation report is to advise of the status of FRA’s assets due to the effects of TD04F.
- Kings Rd closed due to flooding at Korovou Town and at Wailatua.
- All of Queens Open – single lane in places but open to traffic.
- Rain has stopped in West but Rakiraki Town still closed with Flooding.
- In North landslide closed road Nabouwalu to Daria along with previous reported closures due to flooding reported 1600 hrs.
- Taveuni bad flooding overnight most roads closed. Rabi Island roads several slips reported closing roads there.
- Access has been restored at Davuilevu Farm Road.
- Some more roads are now closed in the Central, Northern and Western Division due to surface flooding on some urban and rural roads however the main arterial roads.
- Increased number of potholes on the road network and the contractors will be carrying out remedial work as soon as the weather clears up. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
- Eastern Division – Kade to Navaga, Koro Circular in Koro is closed with alternative access still available from both sides. Contractors clearing today.
- Please obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current, as this can be life threatening.
December 17, 2016