This situation report is to advise of the status of FRA’s assets due to the effects of TD04F.
- Queens and Kings Road remain open for now.
- Access has been restored at Davuilevu Farm Road.
- Some more roads are now closed in the Central and Western Division due to surface flooding on some urban and rural roads however the main arterial roads.
- Queens road at Veisari is experiencing further slips. A loader is on site to clear the mud. Provided there is no further slip the lane should be open in a few hours.
- Members of the public are advised to be cautious when accessing side roads and low lying areas prone to flooding.
- Increased number of potholes on the road network and the contractors will be carrying out remedial work as soon as the weather clears up. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
- Northern Division – Sections of Buca Bay Road, North Coastal Road in Taveuni is now open. Waibula Bridge is underwater.
- Eastern Division – Kade to Navaga, Koro Circular in Koro is closed with alternative access still available from both sides. Contractors clearing today.
- Please obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current, as this can be life threatening.
December 17, 2016