Situation Report 13 – Issued at 4pm Sunday 16 December
Re: TD04F Situation Report No. 13 as at 1600 Hours – Sunday 18 December 2016
This situation report is to advise of the status of FRA’s assets due to the effects of TD04F.
- On Kings Road, Korovou Town and the Wailotua Flats is now open to motorists.
- Kasavu Landslide, located north of the Kasavu/ Baulevu Road Junction on Kings Road is under 24 hour monitoring with traffic controllers onsite. Currently open to traffic and operating as a single lane with potential for full closure if there are further slips.
- All of Queens Open – single lane in places but open to traffic.
- Rain has stopped in West but Rakiraki Town still closed with Flooding.
- In North landslide closed road Nabouwalu to Daria along with previous reported closures due to flooding reported 1600 hrs.
- Taveuni bad flooding overnight most roads closed. Rabi Island roads several slips reported closing roads there.
- Access has been restored at Davuilevu Farm Road.
- Some more roads are now closed in the Central, Northern and Western Division due to surface flooding on some urban and rural roads however the main arterial roads.
- Increased number of potholes on the road network and the contractors will be carrying out remedial work as soon as the weather clears up. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
- Eastern Division – Kade to Navaga, Koro Circular in Koro is closed with alternative access still available from both sides, subject to flooded crossings in between. Awaiting floodwaters to recede.
- Eastern Division – Movement in some parts of Gau is restricted. Nabuliobo Bridge has its approach washed out and the road to the Jetty at Nawaikama is also inaccessible after a landslide.
Please obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current, as this can be life threatening.
December 18, 2016