16 October 2018
Several roads are closed off in the Central, Western and Northern Division due to flooding caused by the heavy rain that occurred last night and during today’s early morning hours.
The FRA is closely monitoring the situation for all divisions. If the roadway has been flooded, please take a detour as floodwaters can be deceptively strong.
Roads Closed in the Central Division:
– Waidradra Crossing, Vatulili Road, Naqali
– Naivoco Crossing, Naivoco Road, Korovou
– Waiwatu Crossing, Navulokani Road, Naqali
– Waimalua Crossing, Nawiwaivusa Road, Korovou
– Colata Cocoa Crossing, Colata Cocoa Road, Korovou
– Naboro Cocoa Crossing, Naboro Cocoa Road, Korovou
Roads Closed in the Western Division- Rakiraki:
– Savusavu Crossing
– Burelevu Crossing
– Namunamu Crossing
– Mataso Crossing
– Drekiti Crossing
– Vunikavikaloa Crossing
– Waimari road – surface flooding – partially open
– Katudrau road – river overflow – partially open
Roads Closed in the Northern Division
– Soaolo Bridge on Nabouwalu in Natua
– Valeni Bridge on Wailevu West Coast in Savusavu
– Buca Hill to Navaqiqi on Bucabay Road in Savusavu is open, please drive with care.
Members of the public can call the FRA on toll free number 5720 if they have queries regarding the affected roads and crossings.
Read Full Report: FLOODING PROMPTS MORE ROAD CLOSURES, STAY SAFE