Budget Allocation: $8.696 Million (VEP)
Investigation and scoping for all 2014 rural roads project was completed in April. Most Projects have contractor’s onsite, others are being tendered and some project scoping studies are being undertaken.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECTS BY DIVISION
In the Central Division there are two (2) rural roads projects in the approved 2014 Rural Provincial Roads Programme which is programmed for construction excluding Namata Village which is a feasibility study this year.
The two (3) projects are
1.VEISA FARM ROAD
• Tender stage with tenders closing in May.
• Upgrade of 4.7km of unsealed road.
2.LAKENA IRRIGATION ROAD
• Construction stage
• Upgrade of 5.2km of unsealed road
• Contractor: Fulton Hogan Hiways Joint Venture
3.NAMATA VILLAGE ROAD
• Site investigation work and project scoping will be carried out on this road.