Re: TD04F Situation Report No. 17 as at 0800 Hours – Tuesday 20 December 2016
This situation report is to advise of the status of FRA’s assets due to the effects of TD04F.
• Queens Road is closed at Sigatoka due to flooding.
• Kings Road is closed at Rakiraki (flood debris being cleared for access this morning), and then still closed by landslide and flooding between Rakiraki and Korovou.
• Kasavu Landslide, located north of the Kasavu/ Baulevu Road Junction on Kings Road is open to light vehicles only and operating as a single lane with potential for full closure if there are further slips.
• The Kasavu slip has taken a great portion of the road and it isn’t wide enough to allow larger vehicles including heavy goods vehicles, buses and carriers through at the moment.
• Nawaikama on Jetty Road in Gau is closed
• Some roads in the urban and low-lying areas are still in danger of flooding as rainfall continues in some parts of Fiji.
• Increased in number of potholes on the road network and the contractors will be carrying out remedial work as soon as the weather clears up. Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution during this time.
• Some more roads continue to be fully closed and impassable at this stage and we are urging motorists not to drive through water because the depth is hard to gauge.
• Please remain vigilant, tune into the local radio and listen to the advice of emergency services.